Help us build our diaper fund!

Search This Blog

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Baby K'tan Carrier

After I had my twins I looked into some different wrap/sling/carrier options because I was having such a hard time holding them both and getting things done around the house.  My therapist also recommended getting a sling as she thought they would be beneficial to both myself and the babes.  I didn't want to get another Baby Bjorn as they always hurt my back and you can't use them with preemies.  I also did not like the sling/peanut-type carriers because I was always afraid they would suffocate in there all bunched up (I wasn't so paranoid was I?? Remember what just came out in the news in the past few months??).  After some research, I was set on getting the Moby Wrap and headed on over to Baby Grand to get one, but they were out of stock.  I am so glad they were because I ended up purchasing the Baby K'tan and I LOVE IT.

I tried on every single option Baby Grand had, including the Moby Wrap, but I fell in love with the K'tan.  It was so super easy to put on, it was comfortable (even if I was just trying it on with a doll and a stuffed animal), and I could throw it in the washer and dryer.  The only color they had in my size was chocolate brown or pink and I wasn't a fan of either, but since I loved it so much I went ahead and got it in the brown.  (on my way out there was a women getting the pink one and she was so excited that it came in pink, so I made the right choice).

I don't use it every day any more, but I use it so much that I have been keeping my eyes open for a used (read affordable, cheap) one to keep in the diaper bag or car.  Every time I forget to pack the k'tan is when I end up wishing I had it.  Figures. 

I love being able to wear my babies, especially since there is two of them and I can't always hold them both as much as I would like.  Being able to wear one while I push the other in the stroller at least gives them that close bonding time with me while I can smile and talk to the other one; and then we switch so it is fair.  And did I mention that I have had two back surgeries and wearing them in the K'tan causes me NO pain.  It gets hard for me to hold them with my own two arms after about 10 minutes because of my back, so the k'tan actually allows me to hold my babies longer than I normally would be able to.

I wish it would have been around when I had my first baby so I could have used it instead of that back-breaking bjorn.  And I almost forgot......I loved that it came with a cute matching hat and sash....I'm a sucker for accessories.

2 comments:

Kim and Steve said...

Never mind. You already replied to her! Hmm...bet that's why you wrote this entry, huh?

Kim and Steve said...

You're totally in luck. There's one for sale on Big Tent Classifieds for $30. Just went up today!