Help us build our diaper fund!

Search This Blog

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Happy 6-Month Birthday to my Babes!!!

They are doing so well and growing so big!  They are both rolling over and babbling up a storm, blowing bubbles and raspberries and finding their feet.

They are catching up on their weights and everybody also guesses them at their correct ages.

We are ate the tail-end of their first colds, which they passed along to me, Mia and their Grandpa.  We also brought them in and had them fitted for their CranioCaps.  While they were there the doctor noticed that both girls have a droopy eyelid and really wanted us to see a pediatric ophthalmologist.  You don't really notice it when you are looking at them in person, but you can really notice it in photos.  I asked the doctor if it was hereditary because my left eyelid droops when I am tired and so does Mia's.  He claims it isn't, but I claim he is wrong.  When I looked up "ptosis of the eye" it did say that it can be hereditary!


We are now just waiting to hear back from Gillette's to schedule the appointment to go in and get their caps fitted and to set up some more physical therapy appointments.  Hopefully we will get that taken care of tomorrow and move on with this whole process.  The babies shouldn't really be bothered by their helmets, but we do have to be careful of them overheating when we are outdoors.  This is, of course, just fine with me to have to stay in air conditioning as much as we can.  I don't like the heat one little bit.  I'll take a blizzard over a hot and humid summer day anytime!

I think I am going to go and make some cupcakes to celebrate their half-birthdays.  I know they can't eat them yet, but I can, and well........they eventually will get some through the breast milk.....right?

No comments: