Help us build our diaper fund!

Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

A few new things.

1. We are trying our hand at cloth diapering.  We have wanted to cloth diaper since our first baby was born over 9-years-ago, but I was kind of a stinker and didn't want to deal with swishing out dirty diapers in the toilet and thought diaper services were just as bad for the environment as using disposables.  Cloth diapers have come a long way (baby) and if they are as easy as they claim, we will be saving a whole lot of money.  (thank you to my mother-in-law for buying the two starter packs for us)

2. My darling daughters got their hair cut on Memorial Day by my super-awesome-mega-talented-hair stylist-brother.  I always tell my girls they can have their hair cut however they want, but I did not expect the short-do that Melanie chose.  Everyone loves it, but I think I may still be in shock.

3. I was visiting my Mom today while Peter was out showing some houses in Hastings and I laid Phoebe down on her belly and she rolled right on over onto her back!!  I put her back on her belly and she rolled over again.  I was so happy and so glad that my Mom got to see it as well.  I couldn't wait to share the news with Peter.

4. Just an hour ago I was playing with the babes on the floor and Avery kept trying to roll over onto her belly so I put her on her belly and just as Peter walked in the room, she rolled over onto her back!!  Again, I put her back on her belly to make sure it wasn't a fluke and she did it again!!!  Both babes rolled over on the same day.  How can you not just love that?

1 comment:

Kim and Steve said...

Kudos to you for cloth diapering! You'll have to keep us updated on how it's going. And congrats on the rolling over- lots of rolls this week!