Help us build our diaper fund!

Search This Blog

Friday, August 6, 2010

Oh How I Have Forgotton.

Being out of the outside workforce for so long made me forget how crazy people are.  I don't know if I want to go hide back in my house or just smile and be amused.  I just started at Starbucks the last week in July and I already know everybody's opinions on everything under the sun.  One partner (that is what we are supposed to call our co-workers at Starbucks) said that his one piece of advice was to keep my work life and personal life separate and not get caught up in the drama because everyone at Starbucks gossips.  You already know what he did next, don't you?  Yep, he gossiped and told me all his opinions and ways of the Starbucks world.  This is where I just smiled and nodded and thought to myself, "do I look like a freshly hatched chick with no knowledge of the world?"  Oy vey!  I have been warned about this person and that person and who I can do what around and so on and so on.  I just want to work people and make a little money for my family and I don't want to partake in your daily dose of craziness.  Okay, that is a little bit of a lie because I love people and I love studying them and seeing their personalities and what makes them tick.  I am sure I will bitch and moan about my 'partners' from time to time here on my blog because I am only human.  Maybe it is just all the caffeine that makes them hop on the crazy train and maybe I will soon be joining them on their trip.

No comments: