Help us build our diaper fund!

Search This Blog

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Grande, Decaf, Vanilla, Non-Fat, No-Whip, Latte Please.

I have been busy learning the tricks of the trade at Starbucks!  I haven't been working a whole lot yet, but I feel incredibly busy between working and trying to fit in all my pumping's.  You also wouldn't think working at Starbucks would be all that stressful, but trying to cram all this information in my head is just crazy.  You have to memorize everything and make the drinks exactly right and it doesn't help that I am terrified of making mistakes and am a bit of a perfectionist. 




Yesterday I had to make all the hot drinks and all the iced drinks that Starbucks offers, taste them and then poor them down the drain.  Actually, my trainer made it first, then I tried it, then I made one and tried it and dumped them both down the drain.  I felt so bad having to waste all those drinks.  I really wanted to give them away, but you can't really do that after I drank some of it.  Today I think I get to make Frappuccino's...woo hoo! 

At least everyone I have worked with so far has been incredibly nice and very helpful.  I really hope I enjoy this job and that it will be the start of things getting better for us. And now I have to go get ready, pump and then head out to Starbucks!

1 comment:

Alexandra said...

how funny...I just got a job at starbucks too!!! I just started my second week and you are right...it is overwhelming. But fun :)