Help us build our diaper fund!

Search This Blog

Thursday, May 13, 2010

The Big Guy Hates Me

It could be Buddha, Jesus, Allah, or the High Priestess of the local Wiccan Coven that I have offended, but someone is making things not very fun around here. 

My wonderful, thoughtful and awesome Sister-in-Law had sent us a gift card for Let's Dish right after we had the twins.  It was supposed to be for pre-made meals that we could have delivered or we could pick them up, but being the broke lot we are, we decided to stretch the gift card and go in and make the meals ourselves.  We finally had some time to do it and I also received a code for $20 off your first Let's Dish session so we booked a time.  Peter went and did the dirty work and brought home our bounty of food.  I went downstairs to put it away in our deep freeze and noticed a pile of sawdust looking stuff in the doorway of our storage area.  Peter had cleared the breast milk out of the deep freeze that morning so I could take it down to my Dad's and store it in his giant freezer, so I thought that Peter had possibly spilled something while doing this and was going to ask him about it later.  I forgot.  Well, until this morning that is.  I was up at the 5am (pumping again) and noticed a little pile of 'dirt' in the doorway from our kitchen to our dining room.  I thought it was from one of the girls because we have been planting seeds and I have found spilled dirt from time to time.  I was too tired to really think about it too much and it was dark and I hadn't had my coffee yet.  When my darling daughter finally awoke and were sitting down to eat breakfast, Melanie asked me why we had an ant hill in our house!  So I took a little looky-look over in the direction of the 'dirt' and saw that it did look just like an ant mound.  My mood was all of the sudden not so chipper and I became downright crabby.  M&M kept asking me about it but I didn't want to think about it or investigate it any further until Peter got up.    Then it all hit me.  Ant mound.  Pile of 'sawdust'.  Crap. Shit. F%*k!!  The pile of 'sawdust' in our basement doorway was almost directly below the little ant mound in our kitchen/dining room.  Great!  Just great!  Is it carpenter ants?  Is it termites?  Peter came downstairs and took one look at me and asked "are you okay? you look crabby".  I said I was crabby and then verbally spewed everything at him.  Peter cleaned up the little mound and we high-tailed it out of the house.  We had some things to do and didn't have time to investigate right then.

When we got home Peter looked up some information on termites and carpenter ants and went and looked at the evidence in the basement.  He asked if I had seen any ants and I said I had seen one little ant while sweeping, but with the weather warming up, it isn't unusual to find a little stray ant.  I told him that the girls said they had seen an ant or two and then Mia says "we didn't just see an ant or two, we saw a TON of them!"  Well what the hell girls?  You see a ton of ants in our house and you didn't tell anyone???  Mia proceeds to tell Peter that they are coming from under the rug in the dining room.  I just vacuumed under there a few days ago and didn't see any little ants, but then again I wasn't really looking that closely.  I was most likely cursing out my family for leaving such a mess in the dining room and not paying attention.

So here I am now.  Pumping, blogging and wondering if my house is going to fall down around me or if I am going to take a step tomorrow and fall through the floor.  Our house is already needing more repairs than I care to think of, we are without money, I am tired, I am stressed , we are dealing with family issues and now this?  Is this a big test to see how much I can take?  To see when I will crack?  I already feel like some ghetto, white-trash, redneck family because of the state of chaos my house is in.  Even our cars are chaotic.  This morning when we dropped m&m off at school they could barely get out of our piece of crap jalopy on wheels minivan because we still had the Bumbo's and Easter basket's from Grandma's in there.  I had visions of garbage flowing out of the door and that we would leave a trail of cloudy dust just like Pig-pen from Peanuts.

I think I need to get thee to a new-age store and by me a smudge stick.  I need to clean out this negative energy.  Yeah, I'm crazy like that.

No comments: