Help us build our diaper fund!

Search This Blog

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Cinnamon Rolls

My mother-in-law is in town and I wanted to bake something yummy for her.  She usually insists on going out to eat so I have to catch her at breakfast time if I want to get her to eat my cooking.  I have been wanting to try out this recipe for cinnamon rolls provided by Aulds World (times two) .  I just finished making them and I can't wait to taste them tomorrow morning.  The only thing I did differently was proofing my yeast with warm water for 10 minutes and then adding the sugar and letting it bubble for another 10 minutes before adding it to the rest of the ingredients.  Salt can sometimes kill yeast so it is best to proof your yeast before adding any salt to it.  I also spread 1/3c of softened butter on the dough after rolling it out and then sprinkled it with a mixture of 1c brown sugar and 1.5 Tbsps cinnamon.  They are now sitting in their little muffin tins in the fridge and I plan on taking them out to rise when I get up to pump at 5am so they will be ready to bake when the rest of the family rolls out of bed around 8:30am. 

No comments: