Help us build our diaper fund!

Search This Blog

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Siblings, Seedlings, and Saplings

My daughter, Melanie, brought home a 'sibling' the other day.  At least that is what she told Peter and me when we met her at the bus stop last week.  I asked her if she meant "sapling" and she said "NO, I brought home a sibling".  I told her that she did indeed come home with her sibling, her sister Mia.  She got a little frustrated with me and reached into her plastic bag and pulled out a little tiny pine tree.  Peter read the note sent home with it and said it was a "seedling" so we straightened it out and Mel called it a seedling for about two hours.  This morning she informed me that she was planting her 'sibling' and then called her Grandma and told her she was planting her 'sibling' as well.

I love her little mixed up words and have a hard time correcting them because it makes me smile every time I hear them.  For example:

She calls nail polish pail nolish.
She calls her pony tails tony pails
She was bit by a stray cat once and we were worried about rabies.  She now tells people that she was bitten by a cat, but the cat didn't have 'the gravies'. 


No comments: