Help us build our diaper fund!

Search This Blog

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Could it be? Really? If it is, I want it.


I have spent many of my evenings thinking about how you could improve pumping.  You have the Medela Freestyle Breast Pump which allows you to go hands free and walk around with pumping.  Now when I saw this I thought to myself "finally".  I purchased it.  I have used it.  It isn't what I wanted it to be.  Don't get me wrong here, it does help.  I love to bring it with me when I am out and about.  I love to use it to pump while I am in the car.  It really doesn't free me up as much as I wanted it to though.  I envisioned myself being able to dishes, do some laundry, or change a diaper.  I thought it would be such a better world, but it wasn't.  Those damn horns get in the way of everything and I would bump into them and my boob would get off center and OUCH!

So yes, at night before going to bed I would lie down and think of how they could improve the system.  I'm no breast pump engineer by any means, but imagined something that could get rid of the whole connecter and bottle part and let the milk travel through tubing to a container you could holster on your belt.  This way some of the bulk would be removed and you would have more freedom in your arm movement.  I thought of something you could just stick in your bra so it was fully contained.  That way you wouldn't have to worry about knocking them off center or off your boob all together.  The best part about that idea was that you could, conceivably, hold or feed your baby while pumping.  One of the things I hate about pumping is how much time it takes up, but if I could pump and feed at the same time.........oh my!!  I think the stars would fall from the sky for me.  Then I thought that they could make a pumping bra.  I don't mean a hands-free bra that hold the horns in place.  I want an integrated bra.  Somehow the horn part is molded into the cups of a bra and you could just put it on, attach your tubing for suction and it could collect into flat-ish collection bags and that's it.  You could walk around and pump and get SO much done!! 

Then......
I found this......

http://www.freemie.com/

Oh, the sound of that name....freemie....free. me.  YES!  That is what I have been talking about!!!  Finally!!  Do you know how many more women could pump and provide breastmilk if it were made more convenient?  Do you? 

I WANT these.  I DESIRE these.  I NEED these to be the answer to my dreams. 

But alas, we are broke :(  So very, very broke.  And they don't work with the freestyle pump which would completely unshackle me. 

Maker of the Freemies....make them compatible with the freestyle!  And make them so a broke Mom of twins who spends more time pumping than sleeping can afford them.

Pretty please.

With sugar on top?

And whipped cream.

And a cherry too?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

She so deserves to be freed....I, being her hubby, see how much time, often at inconvenient momnents, she has spent pumping....and pumping....and pumping. oh, and pumping. At first, it was 12 times a day minimum....sometimes more (figure the math....12 times a day=no sleep at a time when sleep is sooooo important!!!!).

This awesome device needs to be made compatible for the health and sanity of my wife and for the health and sanity of our twins!!!

Free the boobs and the mind will follow!!!!