Help us build our diaper fund!

Search This Blog

Friday, April 23, 2010

It's 12:39am. Do you know where your boobs are?

I know where mine are and it isn't with me in my comfy king sized bed.  Nope.  Here we are pumping away.
A woomp, a woomp, a woomp

So what can I talk about? 

This morning I was reading Newsweek and I saw an advertisement for Al Pacino's latest movie and I almost didn't recognize him.  I LOVE Al.  I even named one of my cats "Pacino".  I was not prepared to see my lover looking old and gray.  I came out of the bathroom (yes, I read in the bathroom and you would too if you had 4 kids to get away from) and had a little conversation that went like this.

Me: "Peter, a little piece of my heart just died"

Peter:  "Because Al is in a movie and you want to go see it?"

Me: "NO! LOOK!"

(Peter gives me a look of "what the hell you talkin' 'bout Willis")

Me: "It's Al.  He looks so old"

Peter: "Honey, he looks old because he is 70 at least"

*enter my 6-year-old daughter*

M: "Mom, why did your heart have a piece die?"

Me: "because Al looks so old"

M: "Who's Al?"

Me: "My other husband"

M to Peter: "So Mama has another husband, does that mean I have another Dad?"

Peter: "No Melmel, Mama was just kidding"

M: "Oh good"

M to Me: "Did a piece of your heart really die?"

Me: "No sweetie.  I was just joking around.

M:  "Well that's good because I didn't want a piece of your heart to fall off and die."

A little piece did die though.  I LOVE YOU AL, but I don't think we can have 'relations' any longer.  If I ever see you out in public I will no longer tackle you and drag you into the bushes.  I will just smile and think of things that could have been :)

No comments: