Help us build our diaper fund!

Search This Blog

Sunday, April 25, 2010

The Kindness of Strangers.

It has been a long week.  Actually it has been a long year.  If you don't know us, and even if you do, you may not know that we are broke.  About a month or so after we found out we were pregnant with twins my husbands job was eliminated and he was let go.  Then slowly I lost all my daycare families as well and that left us with no income.  My husband does get unemployment but I do not because I was self-employed for the last 9 years as a daycare provider.  Then we had our babes early and that required time in the NICU and those bills are amazing...

Some days are good around here and some days are bad.  I think I figured out that I can go for about 4-5 days of holding it together and pretending things are okay and then it hits, the reality of our lives, and I crash and burn.  Today was a 50/50 day.  I was up and I was down and at one point I had to go to the bathroom and cry so my older girls wouldn't see it.  And then this happened..........

I was just downstairs trying to stay upbeat because my husband seemed down and I was dreading having to come up here for my 9pm pumping.  I just wanted to go to bed and shut out the world for a few hours, but I got my stuff together and say my butt down.  After I got myself all set I checked my email to find this email from a perfect stranger who saw a posting of mine on Craigslist (I have been selling what I can on craigslist and eBay to try and make ends meet)

YIKES ! I think you and I must have the same doctor !! lol. We tried for a year to get pregnant with a 3rd child. I had struggled with some fertility drama in the past... finally we were told unless we did IVF it would never happen.



My twins are 9 months old. lol.


I have a similar situation going on with my daycare. I would love to help you out somehow.. as I am lucky to have not, even after going into labor at 23 weeks.. having to have my babies in the NICU.


I own my own photography business as well as my daycare. I would love to offer you a first year package for free.. and take some amazing pictures of your twins, and other children for you if you'd like


Or, I can offer an ear to listen. I just got notice from my last remaining dc parent.. so We are in much of the same situation there..


I hope your twins are doing well !

My brain is still swarming with thoughts about this, but right now I can say that I so excited to know that there are still kind and generous people in this world.  Thank you dear stranger for making me smile today.

No comments: