Help us build our diaper fund!

Search This Blog

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Things I Hate About Pumping

1. Time.  All the extra time it consumes.  I pump more than I feed my babes and I could be doing so much more with my time.

2. The pain.  My nipples are sore ALL the time.  It isn't excruciating pain, but it is still pain.

3. The bra's.  I am normally a B cup and can get away with not wearing a bra around the house or under a sweatshirt if I just want to run to Target real quick.  These D (or a little bigger) girls just won't let me do that and I hate it.  Bra's, especially full-support nursing bra's, are so uncomfortable.  I dream of the day I can go to bed bra less again

4. The sitting.  I hate having to sit here by my pump.  My ass and back hurt.

5. The exposure.  I am not someone that likes showing-off my tata's and belly to the world, but a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do.  I am slowly getting used to the fact that I can't do much about it.  My poor family has been having to put up with me pumping at the dinner table while eating, pumping through breakfast, and pumping in the car.  If I were skinny like I used to be, I might not mind it as much.

6.  The gear.  I hate all the bottles and equipment that I have to wash every day.

7. The storage.  I really don't like having to measure, poor, label and freeze all those bags of milk.  I have a full freezer of milk in our basement, 1/2 of our regular freezer full, part of my Mom's deep freeze full, and have now asked my Dad if I can use his industrial freezer he has at home from his restaurant because I am running out of room.  That was one conversation I never thought I would have to have with my Dad.  I only used the word 'milk' because I did not want to say "breast" to my Dad.

No comments: